Ear Center: Hearing Testing
Hearing Testing (Audiologic Evaluation)
The Audiologists of The Ear Center of Greensboro, P.A. perform state-of-the-art hearing testing, on-site, every business day. Our doctoral level audiologists have been highly trained and have had many years of experience performing diagnostic hearing tests for the most basic to the most complicated hearing conditions. In addition, our audiologists consult regularly with our specialized, highly trained, skilled physician who has spent over 28 years treating medical and surgical conditions of the ear and improving hearing for literally thousands of people in the Triad area.
The bottom line...Don't take your ability to hear for granted. Your hearing is simply too important to you for daily communication at home and at work. You should trust your hearing only to genuine hearing and medical experts.
Audiologic Services That We Provide Include:
- Basic comprehensive audiograms (Pure tone thresholds, bone thresholds, speech reception, word recognition, etc.)
Tympanometry (acoustic immittance)
- Maximum uncomfortable loudness testing
- Acoustic reflex and decay testing
- Distortion product otoacoustic emission (DPOAE) testing, including spontaneous emissions
- Aided thresholds (for hearing aid evaluations)
- Cochlear implant mapping (Advanced Bionics and Cochlear Americas devices)
- BAHA™ processor fitting and adjustments
- Esteem™ Totally Implantable Hearing System and Device programming (investigational device)
- Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR) testing
- Auditory Steady State Response (ASSR) testing
- Electronystagmography (balance testing)
- Digital hearing aid fitting, evaluation, testing, programming, and repairs (all brands, specializing in Phonak™ and Widex™)
- Tympanometry-perilymph fistula testing
- Special audiometric tests (Stenger, ABLB, etc.)
- Central auditory processing testing (AP testing)
- Hearing rehabilitation consultations
If you, your child(ren), or someone in your family would like to have their hearing tested by clinical and research hearing experts, please give our office a call at (336) 273-9932 and ask for our Audiology Department.
Last revised November 28, 2011